Do you do HVAC?
We do not deal with HVAC systems. Although both trades deal with sheet metal, ours is mostly exterior, architectural and decorative in nature and therefore heavier gauge materials. Our primary goal is to keep water out of buildings.
Why do quality flashings matter?
Flashings protect the expensive and vulnerbale parts of your house like:
>Windows & Doors
Flashings help prevent structural degradation due to small non obvious leaks. All this aside, quality flashing looks good too!
What are common causes of leaky flashings?
Our message is always to ask: why take chances with the quality of your home? There are a few reasons it can go wrong:
1) Lack of, or incorrect slope
2) Poor placement of fasteners (such as an exposed nail in a place where water pools)
3) Lack of membrane underneath flashing, (which is required by the building code)
4) Poor workmanship
5) Lack of product knowledge
6) Incorrect sequencing of installation
Do I slope the top of my cap flashings?
Parapet walls (pony walls), should be sloped in such a way that the water flows onto the roof or deck, not away from it, as it is the fastest way to get water to the drain and prevent staining and cracking of stucco/stone or siding.